- pytest’s verbosity is being used for Django’s code to setup/teardown the test database (#172).
- Added a new option –nomigrations to avoid running Django 1.7+ migrations when constructing the test database. Huge thanks to Renan Ivo for complete patch, tests and documentation.
- Fixed compatibility issues related to Django 1.8’s setUpClass/setUpTestData. Django 1.8 is now a fully supported version. Django master as of 2014-01-18 (the Django 1.9 branch) is also supported.
New fixtures: admin_user, django_user_model and django_username_field (#109).
Automatic discovery of Django projects to make it easier for new users. This change is slightly backward incompatible, if you encounter problems with it, the old behaviour can be restored by adding this to pytest.ini, setup.cfg or tox.ini:
[pytest] django_find_project = false
Please see the Managing the Python path section for more information.
- Fix interaction between db and transaction_db fixtures (#126).
- Fix admin client with custom user models (#124). Big thanks to Benjamin Hedrich and Dmitry Dygalo for patch and tests.
- Fix usage of South migrations, which were unconditionally disabled previously (#22).
- Fixed #119, #134: Call django.setup() in Django >=1.7 directly after settings is loaded to ensure proper loading of Django applications. Thanks to Ionel Cristian Mărieș, Daniel Hahler, Tymur Maryokhin, Kirill SIbirev, Paul Collins, Aymeric Augustin, Jannis Leidel, Baptiste Mispelon and Anatoly Bubenkoff for report, discussion and feedback.
- The `live_server` fixture can now serve static files also for Django>=1.7 if the django.contrib.staticfiles app is installed. (#140).
- DJANGO_LIVE_TEST_SERVER_ADDRESS environment variable is read instead of DJANGO_TEST_LIVE_SERVER_ADDRESS. (#140)
- Fixed a bug that caused doctests to runs. Thanks to @jjmurre for the patch
- Fixed issue #88 - make sure to use SQLite in memory database when running with pytest-xdist.
This is a bugfix/support release with no new features:
- Added support for Django 1.7 beta and Django master as of 2014-04-16. pytest-django is now automatically tested against the latest git master version of Django.
- Support for MySQL with MyISAM tables. Thanks to Zach Kanzler and Julen Ruiz Aizpuru for fixing this. This fixes issue #8 #64.
Experimental support for Django 1.7 / Django master as of 2014-01-19.
pytest-django is now automatically tested against the latest git version of Django. The support is experimental since Django 1.7 is not yet released, but the goal is to always be up to date with the latest Django master
Invalid release accidentally pushed to PyPI (identical to 2.6.1). Should not be used - use 2.6.1 or newer to avoid confusion.
- Python 2.5 compatibility dropped. py.test 2.5 dropped support for Python 2.5, therefore it will be hard to properly support in pytest-django. The same strategy as for pytest itself is used: No code will be changed to prevent Python 2.5 from working, but it will not be actively tested.
- pytest-xdist support: it is now possible to run tests in parallel. Just use pytest-xdist as normal (pass -n to py.test). One database will be created for each subprocess so that tests run independent from each other.
- Support for py.test 2.4 pytest_load_initial_conftests. This makes it possible to import Django models in project conftest.py files, since pytest-django will be initialized before the conftest.py is loaded.
- Support for Django 1.5 custom user models, thanks to Leonardo Santagada.
- Support for configuring settings via django-configurations. Big thanks to Donald Stufft for this feature!
- Fixed an issue with the settings fixture when used in combination with django-appconf. It now uses pytest’s monkeypatch internally and should be more robust.
- Python 3 support. pytest-django now supports Python 3.2 and 3.3 in addition to 2.5-2.7. Big thanks to Rafal Stozek for making this happen!
- Django 1.5 support. pytest-django is now tested against 1.5 for Python 2.6-2.7. This is the first step towards Python 3 support.
- Fixed #24/#25: Make it possible to configure Django via django.conf.settings.configure().
- Fixed #26: Don’t set DEBUG_PROPAGATE_EXCEPTIONS = True for test runs. Django does not change this setting in the default test runner, so pytest-django should not do it either.
This release is backward incompatible. The biggest change is the need to add the pytest.mark.django_db to tests which require database access.
Finding such tests is generally very easy: just run your test suite, the tests which need database access will fail. Add pytestmark = pytest.mark.django_db to the module/class or decorate them with @pytest.mark.django_db.
Most of the internals have been rewritten, exploiting py.test’s new fixtures API. This release would not be possible without Floris Bruynooghe who did the port to the new fixture API and fixed a number of bugs.
The tests for pytest-django itself has been greatly improved, paving the way for easier additions of new and exciting features in the future!
- Semantic version numbers will now be used for releases, see http://semver.org/.
- Do not allow database access in tests by default. Introduce pytest.mark.django_db to enable database access.
- Large parts re-written using py.test’s 2.3 fixtures API (issue #9).
- Fixes issue #17: Database changes made in fixtures or funcargs will now be reverted as well.
- Fixes issue 21: Database teardown errors are no longer hidden.
- Fixes issue 16: Database setup and teardown for non-TestCase classes works correctly.
- pytest.urls() is replaced by the standard marking API and is now used as pytest.mark.urls()
- Make the plugin behave gracefully without DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE specified. py.test will still work and tests needing django features will skip (issue #3).
- Allow specifying of DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE on the command line (--ds=settings) and py.test ini configuration file as well as the environment variable (issue #3).
- Deprecate the transaction_test_case decorator, this is now integrated with the django_db mark.
- Removed undocumented pytest.load_fixture: If you need this feature, just use django.management.call_command('loaddata', 'foo.json') instead.
- Fixed issue with RequestFactory in Django 1.3.
- Fixed issue with RequestFactory in Django 1.3.
- Added --reuse-db and --create-db to allow database re-use. Many thanks to django-nose for code and inspiration for this feature.
- Fixed Django 1.3 compatibility.
- Disable database access and raise errors when using –no-db and accessing the database by accident.
- Added the --no-db command line option.
- Flush tables after each test run with transaction_test_case instead of before.
- The initial release of this fork from Ben Firshman original project
- Added documentation
- Uploaded to PyPI for easy installation
- Added the transaction_test_case decorator for tests that needs real transactions
- Added initial implementation for live server support via a funcarg (no docs yet, it might change!)